Endodontics Unsponsored: Hands-On CE in Vancouver
Course #1 Description: This 2-day course consists of a combination of lecture and laboratory work (about 50% lecture and 50% hands-on working with extracted teeth). Limited to 10 dentists. 16 hours of CE credit. The emphasis of the course is on shaping canals with rotary files. The course material is relevant to all dentists with an interest in endodontics and of all levels of experience. See Course Objectives below for more details. (The other 2-day course offered by Endodontics Unsponsored is titled Re-treatment and Other Complex Cases).
Upcoming Course Dates
Friday & Saturday, March 27-28, 2015 – FULL
Friday & Saturday, April 24-25, 2015 – FULL
Friday & Saturday, May 29-30, 2015 – FULL
Friday & Saturday, Sept. 25-26, 2015 – SPACE AVAILABLE
Friday & Saturday, Oct. 2-3, 2015 – SPACE AVAILABLE
Friday & Saturday, Nov. 6-7, 2015 – SPACE AVAILABLE
Location: At the office of North Shore Endodontics in North Vancouver
- To better understand why root canal treatment is not always successful.
- To gain more knowledge and skills in order to increase success of root canal treatment.
- To learn more about resolving difficult-to-anesthetize teeth.
- To learn more about finding canals.
- To learn more about how to negotiate to the terminus of the majority of ‘calcified’ canals.
- To learn more about electronic apex locators.
- To better understand the concepts of using rotary and reciprocating nickel titanium files to enlarge even the most severely curved canals.
- To learn more about the various nickel titanium file systems presently available (rotary and reciprocating), the differences between them and their advantages and disadvantages.
- If there is a file system that you are comfortable with, to learn how to make it more effective and reduce the risk of file separation.
- To learn more about irrigants used to clean root canal systems and how to use them safely.
- To learn more about obturation of root canal systems. Simplification of both vertical and lateral condensation techniques is covered.
- To learn more about antibiotic and pain medications in endodontics.
* WARNING: This course will not try to sell you on a particular brand of file. It will also not tell you how easy endodontic treatment is and that all canals can be shaped well and safely with the same 1-3 files.
What will be supplied for each participant:
- Microscope (Global Surgical)
- High & slow speed handpieces and burs
- Electric handpiece for shaping with rotary and reciprocating files
- Ultrasonic unit (P5)
- Hand files
- Rotary and reciprocating files – we supply of EdgeEndo, GT, Hyflex, K3, Profiles, ProTapers, Sequence, TF, Typhoon, Vortex, Vortex Blue, V-Taper 2, WaveOne files. Advantages and disadvantages of each system are discussed as well as hybrid techniques. When one understands the concepts of rotary shaping, it should be easy to switch between most brands of files.
- Gutta percha for warm vertical and lateral obturation
- Digital radiography
- System B and Obtura
- Gloves and masks
- Lunch, drinks, and snacks
Course Fee & Registration: CAN$2000 (includes GST). Payable by cheque, VISA, MASTERCARD or AMERICAN EXPRESS. Deposit of CAN$700 is required to register. The remaining CAN$1300 will be processed 1 day prior to the course date.
Cancellation Policy – Cancellation made more than 60 days prior to the course: full refund of registration fee. Cancellation made 30-60 days prior to the course: refund issued in the form of a credit towards a future course. Cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the course: no refund of registration fee.
Please e-mail CE@vancouverrootcanals.com if interested in attending or have any questions about the courses. You should get a reply within 2 business days. A completed registration form is required to register. This form will be sent to you upon request.
If you are interested but unable to attend the upcoming courses listed above, let us know and we will keep you informed about future courses.