Course #2: Re-treatment and Other Complex Cases
Endodontics Unsponsored: Hands-On CE in Vancouver
Course #2 Description: This 2-day course consists of a combination of lecture and laboratory exercises (about 50% lecture and 50% hands-on working with extracted teeth). Limited to 10 dentists. 16 hours of CE credit. Topics include re-treatment, removal of posts and separated instruments, MTA and similar materials, trauma, open apices, resorption, shaping and cleaning of difficult canal anatomy, and others. See Course Objectives below for more details.
The course material is relevant to all dentists, especially to those with a keen interest in diagnosing and treating complex endodontic cases. Dentists who have a microscope or who are considering acquiring one will find this course very useful. (The other 2-day course offered by Endodontics Unsponsored is titled Shaping, Cleaning, and Obturating Root Canal Systems. It is NOT a requirement to take Course #1 prior to Course #2, but several dentists who have taken Course #2 first and then Course #1 at a later date have said that they wished that they had taken Course #1 first. If taking both courses, we suggest AT LEAST 6-12 months between them, but this is not a requirement).
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Friday and Saturday, March 2-3, 2018 – FULL
- Friday and Saturday, May 25-26, 2018 – FULL
- Friday and Saturday, November 2-3, 2018 – FULL
- Friday and Saturday, March 1-2, 2019 – SPACE AVAILABLE
Location: At the office of North Shore Endodontics in North Vancouver
(click here for OFFICE LOCATION )
- To learn more about treatment of traumatized teeth (e.g. horizontal root fractures, pulpal obliteration, internal bleaching).
- To learn more about treatment of teeth with open apices.
- To learn more about diagnosis and treatment of root resorption (internal and different types of external).
- To learn more about diagnosing unfixable endodontic problems (e.g. root fractures).
- To learn more about diagnosing and treating fixable endodontic failures (e.g. locating untreated canals, removing contaminated and/or short gutta percha).
- To learn more about when and how to treat perforations.
- To learn when to use MTA and similar materials and how to handle them.
- To learn more about endodontic re-treatment including removal of crowns/bridges, posts, gutta percha, pastes, Thermafil (plastic and metal carriers), silver points, separated instruments.
- To learn more about treating calcified, ledged, blocked, and severely curved canals. This will include an update on the more popular file systems presently available.
- To learn more about ‘advanced’ irrigation techniques to better clean complex canal anatomy.
What will be supplied for each participant:
- Microscope (Global Surgical)
- High & slow speed handpieces and burs
- Electric handpiece for shaping with rotary and reciprocating files
- Ultrasonic unit (P5)
- Hand files
- Rotary and Reciprocating files – we supply EdgeEndo, GT, Hyflex, K3, KontrolFlex II, Profiles, ProTapers, Sequence, TF, Typhoon, Vortex, Vortex Blue, V-Taper 2H, and WaveOne Gold files. (We have TF Adaptive files but only one of their motors).
- Post and file removal tools
- Portland cement (used as substitute for MTA) and Biodentine
- Extracted teeth
- Gutta percha for warm vertical and lateral obturation
- Digital radiography
- System B and Obtura
- Gloves and masks
- Lunch, drinks, and snacks
Course Fee & Registration: CAN$2600 (includes 5% GSTax). Payable by VISA or MASTERCARD. Deposit of $1000 is required to register. The remaining $1500 will be processed 1 day prior to the course date. (At this time, for U.S. residents we will adjust the balance to reflect the exchange rate).
Cancellations made within 60 days prior to the course date: deposit is non-refundable.
Cancellations made within 61-90 days of the course date: refund in the form of credit towards a future course.
Cancellations made prior to 91 days of the course date: full refund of deposit minus a $40 administration fee.
Please e-mail CE@vancouverrootcanals.com if interested in attending or have any questions about the courses. You should get a reply within 2 business days. A completed registration form is required to register. This form will be sent to you upon request.